Sunday, September 20, 2015

AUTUMN BEAUTY

With my bright and coral hues tucked safely away for another year, I've pulled out some of my favourite autumn shades to wear for the upcoming months. My dressing table is looking a little more autumnal and I'm excited to embrace burgundy, plum and berry shades.

With darker nights and mornings slowly creeping in I've been left feeling quite tired and my skin has been looking a little lacklustre. Origins High Potency Night a Mins is great for autumn as it's a thick, creamy moisturiser that helps to combat dull, tired skin. It contains vitamins E, C and H, helps to fade acne scarring and gives a boost of radiance to your skin.
Nuxe Reve De Miel is my lip saviour for the colder months, it contains honey, sweet almond oil, shea butter and calendula to keep lips soft and supple.

For blusher, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Mood Exposure is so perfect for autumn. It's a beautiful rose/plum shade with swirls of ambient lighting powder running through that leaves you with a flawless, radiant finish. Nars Orgasm (worn here) gives a warm, golden pink flush of colour to your cheeks that helps to keep your make up looking fresh and glowing on gloomy days.

On my eyes, I've been gravitating towards MAC Quarry, a muted plum and MAC Sable, a bronze with plum pearl. Both look great smudged under the lower lash line for a hint of colour or blended through the crease for definition.

I'm a huge fan of autumn nail polish shades and so it makes me so happy to be wearing berry shades again. Essie Bahama Mama is a divine rich plum and one of my favourite nail polishes, it works so well paired with Essie Summit of Style, a bronze chunky glitter to give you gilded tips.

Autumnal lipstick shades are some of my favourites to wear, Topshop Beguiled (worn here) is a beautiful berry/red with slightly shimmery undertones, it's velvety formula glides easily onto the lips and is such a flattering shade to wear. MAC Rebel is a gorgeous autumn berry lipstick that's perfect for blustery autumn days as it stays put for hours. I opt for MAC Plumful (swatched here) if I want something a little more subtle on the lips, it's a pretty mauve berry that's buildable and feels soft on the lips.

Lastly, I've been running a little Beauty Protector Protect & Oil through the ends of my hair for silky soft tresses. This smells incredible - like candyfloss, doesn't weigh down my hair at all and a little goes a long way, I only need to use a couple of drops for glossy, bouncy hair.

What are your beauty picks for autumn?

No comments:

Post a Comment