Wednesday, April 8, 2015

WEDDING GUEST MAKE UP

beauty-tips
Bridal-makeup
I'm off to my first wedding of the year on Saturday and so having rummaged through my make up, I've pulled out some soft shimmery shades to wear that are wedding guest appropriate. I still haven't quite sorted out what to wear, but at least my make up bag is packed and ready to go!

To prep my skin I'm planning on using a good mask like Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask the night before. It's a brightening, renewing mask that contains natural fruit acids and leaves my complexion looking radiant, smooth and clear which will help me to create the perfect base for my make up.

For my base, I have a small sample of Dior Star foundation to wear on the day that I picked up from a Dior Counter. I've been matched with the shade 021 linen but I'm a little worried as I've heard that it oxidises slightly and therefore is better to go for slightly lighter shade. I've tested a small amount out and it although it's quite scented it does feels fresh and dewy on the skin and seems like a nice foundation. It also contains skincare benefits which is something that I love in a foundation.

I've opted for theBalm Mary Lou Manizer for my highlighter as it's such a pretty, pigmented champagne highlighter that lasts on me all day. Swept over the top of the cheekbones, brow bone and on the cupids bow, it brings light to the face and emits a beautiful glow.
For blusher, I thought that a golden peachy pink blusher like Nars Orgasm would give a pretty flush of colour to my cheeks whilst keeping my make up soft and glowing. See me wearing it here.

Nars Duo Eyeshadow in Alhambra is the perfect size for popping in my make up bag and gives me the choice of a beautiful metallic rose or gold champagne shade to wear (swatched here). This duo is so buttery in texture, blends seamlessly and brings light to the eye area. I'll use my Zoeva 228/Luxe Crease brush to sweep the shades over my lids for a pretty, shimmery wash of colour to my eyes.

After curling my lashes with my trusty Shu Uemura Eyelash Curlers, I'm planning on applying a few coats of L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara to leave me with long, soft fluttery lashes.

Lastly, I have a few lip choices to take with me depending on which dress I choose. Revlon Sweet Tart is a pretty, sheer barbie pink that keeps lips feeling lightly moisturised, brightens the complexion and would work well with the option of my babydoll style black and nude pink dress. Revlon lip butter in Wild Watermelon (swatched here) is a wearable raspberry toned red, it feels light on the lips and is buildable to a soft red lip and I think that it would go really well with my other dress option, this Navy ASOS dress.

Have you attended a wedding recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment