Wednesday, September 28, 2016

A Pampering Routine For Fall

Autumn is my favourite time to pamper - the cold, unforgiving days are ideal for hopping into a hot bath of an evening, it's the perfect season to light sweet pumpkin spiced candles, switch on fairylights and pull out berry picks to paint on your nails. This is pretty much my standard pampering ritual, one that I like to complete once a week - usually on a cold weekday evening or a lazy weekend!

On a crisp autumn Sunday morning, after a sleepy breakfast I throw up my hair, shrug off my favourite, soft dressing gown and step into a candlelit bath filled and shimmering with lush treats (reminiscent of the prefects baths at Hogwarts!). The Lush Sparkly Pumpkin is a firm favourite at this time of the year, an uplifting treat that when crumbled under running water creates a sea of vibrant, sparkling waters. Ideal for autumnal days or nights spent pampering at home, with candles flickering and warm squashy towels hung on the radiators.. bliss! 

Whist in the bath, I pop on a face mask, opting for a pick suited to my skin's current needs. For de-hydrated skin I recommend the Origins Drink Up 10 Minute Mask, for a boost of radiance the Ren Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask is a saviour, and for bad skin days, the Origins Out of Trouble Face Mask, with zinc oxide, and salicylic acid, is ideal for clearing up skin!

Once out of the bath, I slather on the Origins Ginger Soufflé Whipped Body Cream, a indulgent, rich, nourishing cream that leaves skin silky soft and smells heavenly - like warm, sweet spiced ginger. After pulling on some soft, Asos pyjamas and slipping on a pair of fluffy socks, I set to work on prepping my hands and nails. The Salted Coconut Hand Scrub is my go-to pick for parched, dry hands. With exfoliating sea salt, nourishing argan oil and coconut oil, this pampering treat leaves hand feeling divine - so soft!

With candles placed atop my coffee table and a peppermint tea close to hand, I set to work on my nails. I usually reach for a combination of Essie Sole Mate, a gorgeous rich plum with an Essie Glitter like Summit Of Style, or Tassel Shaker, a pretty copper and bronze glitter for an autumnal mani. 

Once my nails are polished and preened, I pick up my tea, slip back on my sofa and prop my feet up with an autumn read!

What are your favourite pampering picks for fall?SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment