Sunday, September 11, 2016

Scented Candles To Burn This Autumn

It's fast coming up to my favourite time of year - crisp autumnal days, icy morning mists, drizzly evenings and pumpkins everywhere. The darker nights are looming in and it's almost mandatory to have a scented candle burning of an evening! Not only do they bring light, warmth and cosiness to the home, Hygge has taught us that candlelight can help to lift the mood and give us that warm, fuzzy feeling that we crave after the bitter cold outdoors.

With my candle collection rapidly growing, it seems that I just can't get enough of these scented treats! I've rounded up my collection to share, I tend to opt for luxe picks - something that will last well and that I can reuse the jars for cotton pads, make up brushes or trinkets!

The White Company Winter Candle: There's a reason for this dreamy candle's cult status, with warming notes of orange, cinnamon and clove it smells divine - like Christmas in a jar! I actually wandered into the White Company set on picking up the new Autumn candle, but the Winter scent is just so me. I'll try and save this for a festive treat - imagine frosty December mornings, baking snowflake sugar cookies with this alight, filling the home with a comforting, christmassy fragrance - dreamy!

Anthropologie Pumpkin SoufflĂ© Soy Candle: How pretty is this white and gold jar?! The scent of this Pumpkin spiced soufflĂ© candle really comes to life when lit, it's okay in the jar, but once burning, fills my whole flat with fragrance in matter of minutes and smells unreal! It's fairly sweet and has hints of roasted pumpkin (reminiscent of Halloween), nutmeg, ginger, vanilla and maple syrup. It's quite possibly my favourite candle ever!  

Diptyque Pomander - Another ideal candle for bringing light and warmth to the home this autumn, Pomander is a sophisticated pick fragranced with citrus and spice. Diptyque mini candles are a dream, with 30 hours burn time, high quality vegetable/paraffin wax and the luxe packaging, they're worth the high price point.

Diptyque Baies: This scented beauty is a heavenly mix of delicate rose and fresh blackcurrant leaves. It combines fruit and floral but with a warmth and depth that's well suited for the transition into autumn.  

Diptyque Rosaviola: Unfortunately a limited edition pick, but a scent normally brought back for spring each year, this has the gorgeous scent of roses and violets. I normally place one in my bathroom and one on my dressing table, the powdery parmaviolet notes and slight lipstick fragrance make it perfect for pampering!

What are your favourite candles? Any recommendations that I should add to my stash next?

No comments:

Post a Comment