Sunday, September 25, 2016

Autumn Beauty Picks

The crisp, autumn days have finally arrived!! My skin is already in serious need of a hydration boost and so I've swapped out my lighter night cream for the Kiehls Ultra Facial Balm - a luxurious balmy version of the cult Kiehls Ultra Facial Cream, but without the addition of parabens. This rich, creamy balm is ideal for the gloomy autumn days, it leaves skin plump, smooth and super hydrated. To use, I simply warm up a very small amount between my fingers, tap on my forehead, cheeks and chin and then smooth upwards and outwards over my face and neck. 
Another saviour for parched skin is Lush's Dream Cream, with oat milk, rose water and chamomile blue oil, this soothing, hydrating cream treats and clears up dry, sore and unhappy skin!

Lush's The Comforter shower gel is a shower staple, the perfect treat on cold autumn days. The bright yet comforting cassis, bergamot and vanilla fragrance is warming and uplifting - the ideal fix to perk you up if your feeling a little under the weather!

My skin always looks a little lacklustre during autumn and so I'm relying on a couple of make up faves to perk up my tired complexion. The Nyx Born To Glow Liquid Illuminator in Sunbeam is divine, a creamy, shimmery pearl highlighter with a touch of pink to brighten and give a dewy glow. The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blusher in Mood Exposure is also ideal for autumn, this finely milled, silky soft blusher sculpts the cheeks flawlessly. The dusky mauve pink hue works well paired with a vampy lip and the swirls of ambient lighting powder brings light and radiance to the skin. 

For eyes, I've pulled out Illamasqua Jubilance a new, dreamy, rose gold shimmery pick and By Terry Misty Rock, a blendable lavender taupe with silver glitter running through it. Both look gorgeous blended on the lids and under the lash line with a slick of mascara and winged liner!

For lips, I've pulled out a selection of autumnal hues, Nars Walkyrie - a creamy, wearable, muted matte terracotta pick, Mac Rebel, a bold, rich berry and the Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream in Copenhagen, a chic long lasting and gorgeous deep burgundy red.

Lastly, on my nails I'm obsessed with these two beautiful hues from the Leighton Denny AW16 Roaring 20's collection. I've opted for Moonshine*, a dreamy soft nude with mauve tones and a subtle silver shimmer and Rebellious Heart*, a divine rich plum shade!

What are your beauty picks for autumn?

No comments:

Post a Comment