Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Travel Beauty Essentials

I'm currently in the midst of a big move and so with all my belongings tucked away in cardboard boxes, I've pulled out the essentials to carry around with me. I thought that I would share a little peek at the beauty picks that I've rounded up to last me the week as we flit to and from our new flat!

Firstly, I couldn't be without Lush's Dream Cream. A soothing saviour for dry skin this versatile cream treats any dry or unhappy skin. I'm happy to sacrifice some bag space for this large pot - with oat milk, rose water and chamomile blue oil, this hydrating cream is a must-have for parched skin!

I've also pulled out a few perky, brightening picks to combat my stressed, tired skin. Moving really takes it's toll and I need all the help I can get right now! The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Diffused Heat is a dreamy coral pink blusher, the powdered pigments and swirls of ambient lighting powder work together to create a flawless, radiant glow. Paired with the MAC Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Double Gleam, they make the ideal match for dewy, glowing skin.

For eyes, I've grabbed the Nars Eyeshadow Duo in Alhambra, a pigmented, buttery soft champagne rose and gold duo. This light reflecting, dewy set brightens up tired eyes, it's compact and so ideal for travelling. With the H&M Soft Eyeliner in Pale Nude popped in the waterline, they make the perfect brightening combo! Another pick to combat tired eyes is the Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream, with hyaluronic acid, cucumber, coconut, rosehip and lemon peel oils, it brightens, tightens and fades dark circles!

I've kept lips quite simple, a swipe of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Cannes is all I need for an everyday lip. It's such a flattering shade, a pretty, saturated warm rose that's comfortable on the lips, applies like a dream and sets in place for hours - meaning minimal top ups throughout the day! 

The rest - concealer, contour, mascara and liner are my standard picks; the Collection Lasting Perfection ConcealerL'Oreal Super Liner, Essence Lash Princess Mascara and the Sleek Contour Kit, I rarely stray from them! I've also added a sample pot of a Nars foundation to test out, I seem to be in-between two shades, I can't decide which one to go for! I've popped in my favourite Essie nail polish too - Essie Bordeaux is a chic, deep wine/burgundy, it's glossy on the nails and perfect paired with a glittery accent nail!

Lastly, for beauty tools, I've packed my trusty Shu Uemura eyelash curlers for impressive fanned out lashes and my everyday brushes - the MAC 150 Large Powder Brush for contour and blush, the Zoeva rose gold brushes to pair with eyeshadow and highlighter and the dense Sigma 3DHD to flawlessly blend out my foundation and concealer.

What are your beauty travel essentials?

SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment