Thursday, December 29, 2016

Favourite Finds in 2016

2016 best finds
Starting with food (of course!) it was all about the comforting, affordable meals for me in 2016. Soups, stews and chilli's were made up in batches to last or freeze for a later date. I made warming pot's full of Dal with lentils, cumin and tonnes of tumeric (super anti-inflammatory), indulged in divine Booja Booja Praline Salted Caramel vegan ice cream and treated myself to the incredible Salted Caramel Co Yo as a weekly treat!

For TV series, I don't even know how to start proclaiming the amount of love I have for Gilmore Girls, it's quite possibly my best discovery of the year! It's a feel good pick that's charming, light and witty - It's up there with my love for Harry Potter! I also adored Parks and Rec, was captivated by Reign and finally binge watched Game Of Thrones!

Home-wise I welcomed a few new cacti and a lot of new succulents into my home thanks to Stanley, my Ikea plant sprouting tons of babies (so cute!). I introduced a lot of greenery this year - luckily as it's pantone's 2017 colour of the year next year!
I also started to upgrade our furniture and decor in 2016, these bathroom ladder shelves are a favourite find along with these salad servers and anything blush pink, brass, agate, crystal-like or gilded! 

Another great discovery for me was Anthropologie candles, The Illume Boulangerie Pumpkin Souflee Candle smells divine! The dreamy Diptyque Vanille candle was another top pick for me this year, a gorgeous sweet, smoky, woody and spicy scent, it's ideal for Winter!

I made a few new Lush finds too, their Dream Cream was a saviour for my parched, unhappy skin. It hydrates and soothes with a heavenly mix of oatmilk, rose water and chamomile blue oil. The Lush Comforter Bubble bar is another lovely pick, Lush Sleepy, a wintertime lavender body lotion is also a new firm bed-side favourite!
I've also loved the ThisWorks Deep Sleep Spray, misted over your pillows this chamomile and lavender soothing spritz sets you up for the dreamiest nights sleep!

For beauty, I have to give a mention to the NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams, Cannes is a dream, an everyday warm rose that's SO flattering on! The Essie Gel Couture range is also a delight, a long lasting formula that boasts impressive wear time and a gorgeous colour range. Lastly I've been smitten with  Becca Highlighters, Opal is a heavenly pick - a saturated golden peach that leaves you with a pretty, dewy candlelit glow. 

Harry Potter is always a favourite but with the release of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and  Fantastic Beasts, I've loved it more than ever this year. Fantastic Beasts is well worth a watch, I'm so glad there's more films to come!

So that's it! All of my 2016 Favourites rounded up, I'd love to know what your favourites were this year!
SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment