Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Glittery Party Picks

party makeup
Unfortunately my Christmas party plans have fallen through this year (gutted I won't be able to wear this beauty out!) but I'm still planning on indulging in a little party prep - I'll find somewhere to wear my dress, even if it's ringing in the new year at home with a glass of sparkling elderflower! I've pulled together a few of my fave finds and sparkly picks for the festive season to help me get party ready.

The Phyto Botanical Straightening Balm* is great to tame tresses, I simply run a small amount through damp hair before styling to control frizz and it leaves me with manageable hair that's ready to style! Packed with heavenly, botanical ingredients it's lightweight, hydrating, strengthening and protects against heat damage - it's divine!

After pampering and preening the skin and before applying a base, I like to smooth on an illuminator like the Nyx Born To Glow Liquid Illuminator in Sunbeam (a great Nars dupe!) for a dewy glow. The shimmering pearl hue with a hint of pink brightens and perks up the skin for all over radiance and it helps to create a flawless complexion!

For cheeks, I've pulled out a complimentary, dreamy duo, my new go-to combo for a chic party look! The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Mood Exposure is a lovely pick, this silky soft blusher blends seamlessly and leaves a gorgeous soft focus to the skin. The swirls of radiance powder enhances the complexion and the dusky mauve pink hue sculpts the cheeks - it's perfect to wear with a red lip! The Mac Extra Dimension Skinfinish in Double Gleam works so well paired with this, it's a gorgeous silvery champagne beige, a shimmery highlighter with subtle sparkles - heavenly!

For eyes, the By Terry Ombre Blackstar in Misty Rock is a fail safe option. A lavender taupe with fine silver glitter running through it's creamy, pigmented, blends like a dream and once set, it's completely budge-proof! Paired with the Ardell Demi Wispies lashes and liquid eyeliner this looks unreal, and so festive!

A glittery mani is a Christmas party must-have! I'm planning on opting for a festive sparkly gold, try Essie Getting Groovy, an opulent palladium gold with Essie Glow Your Own Way, a glittery bronze gold with snow white flecks for the ultimate gilded Christmassy nails!

Lastly, a red lip is a Christmas party staple. You probably know by now how much I adore the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella, a long lasting, matte scarlet red, it's so flattering on - I always get compliments when wearing this!

What are your Christmas party picks?

No comments:

Post a Comment