Wednesday, January 11, 2017

A Restful Winter Weekend Routine

The Christmas decorations are down, there's a general slump and gloomy feel as sleet mixed rain lashes at the windows, hard winter frosts vein through the streets and icy draughts nip at your skin. Bundled up in a squashy, soft dressing gown with candles lit, a mug of tea and slippered feet, a restful wintry routine is a welcome treat on the harsh winter weekends. 

Pamper
After hopping into a hot bath laced with Lush treats (the Lush uplifting Unicorn Horn is a dream!) I like to pamper and prep my skin, taking care to exfoliate and inject a little moisture back in.
I have an effortless 2-step skincare routine for lazy at home pamper days, starting with the Oskia Renaissance Cleanser, a gorgeous gel cleanser that melts into a silky oil as you massage it into your skin. When you add a little water, the oil emulsifies and turns milky whilst the cleansing pumpkin enzymes and restoring vitamins soften the skin. My skin just loves this heavenly cleanser, especially in winter! Next up, I take a few drops of the nourishing, rosehip Pai BioRegenerate Oil and work this into my skin. It's heavenly paired with a facial roller, they work so well to combat lacklustre skin!

The last step in my pampering line up is to take care of my hands and nails - The Lush Coconut Hand Scrub combines sea salt, Argan oil and coconut oil to leave hands silky soft. I then paint on a slick of Essie Eternal Optimist or Essie Ballet Slippers (pictured above) for a fresh new years mani!

Candles
It's always such a treat to have candles flickering around the home. They bring light and warmth - much needed during the dark winter days! The mini Diptyque Ambre is a gorgeous pick, a comforting earthy and warm scent, slightly woody with spices and sweet tonka beans. There's also a delicious hint of masculinity about it too - it's divine!

Settling down with a book
Once pampered and preened and with candles lit, I usually flip open a book and get lost for hours. Along with re-reading Harry Potter (I'm currently re-reading The Order Of The Pheonix!), I've been devouring the Throne Of Glass Series, it's one that I just don't want to put down - it has me hooked! I find myself often flicking through Deliciously Ella's cookbooks too, this is next on my to make list (from the Deliciously Ella Everyday Book) it looks incredible! 

Fresh pyjamas and bedding.
This winter I've upped my loungewear game. I'm happiest when wrapped up, at home, a cosy ball of comfort in a fluffy, soft robe and a pair of button up pyjamas. I've invested in luxe, lasting pieces that are a dream to climb into on cold wintry weekends. These (half price) polka dot pyjamas are my latest find, along with this snug dressing gown!
Weekends are also the ideal time to lay fresh bedding. I'm still on the hunt for a billowy, soft set, I've just splurged on these adorable chevron John Lewis pillowcases, I have my eye on this gorgeous H&M Bed Linen set too.

Organising the home
With the absence of the festive decor, I've taken to sorting and rearranging my belongings at the weekend to shake things up a little and to try to create a pretty, comfortable space. By looking at what we've got, what we're missing and having a little spring clean I hope to have our apartment feeling more like home in no time - I've also pulled back out The Life Changing Magic Of Tidying to help me along the way!

Shop The Post
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment