Sunday, January 8, 2017

Winter Beauty - A Round Up

Winter's frost bitten days, potential for snow flurries and icy cold nights means that it's the ideal time to pull out an array of beauty products to keep your skin hydrated. Here's a little round up of my beauty picks this winter and skincare faves to keep my skin in check for the cold months ahead!

To start, I've swapped out my usual day cream (the Origins Ginzing Energy Boosting Moisturiser) with something a little richer. The cult Embroylisse Lait-Creme Concentrate covers me in winter, it's a lightweight yet nourishing cream that leaves my skin plump, smooth and hydrated!
At night, I tend reach for an oil for an added hydration boost. The Pai BioRegenerate Oil is a glorious, nourishing treat - the heavenly rosehip oil works to promote clear skin, deeply condition and fade acne scarring. Rich in omegas, antioxidants and hydrating nutrients it leaves the skin glowing!

For my body, I'm obsessed with Lush Rough With The Smooth a gorgeous, scrubby little block that's packed with exfoliating sugar, vanilla and moisturising murumuru butter - it's the ideal fix for parched winter skin! I use this a couple of times a week to gently buff and polish, It leaves my skin silky soft, smooth and pampered.

On my nails, I've fallen completely in love with an Essie polish (no surprises there!). Eternal Optimist is described as a spiced tea rose with a dash of cream (how divine!), this cheery yet delicate, rosy pink pick is just the ticket for brightening up a gloomy January!

For make up, late starts and even later nights in December have totally thrown out my sleep schedule. This combined with the dark, wintry mornings has left me with lacklustre skin and tired eyes so I've pulled out a few fail safe picks to brighten up my tired peepers! The NYX Jumbo eye pencil in Milk is an instant fix, applied lightly on the waterline, this creamy liner opens up the eyes and stays put for hours. The Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder is another reliant pick, a weightless under eye setting powder with very subtle shimmer it leaves your make up fresh, bright and flawless. 
I've also been wearing the Nars Soft Touch Shadow Pencil in Goddess washed over the eyes, a gorgeous shimmering peach pink with light gold champagne it's fairly subtle but so so pretty!

Lastly on my lips, I've discovered a dreamy, softening combo to combat dry lips - the Lush Popcorn lip scrub, a nourishing lip scrub with sea salt, jojoba oil and coconut oil pairs so will with the Korres Lip Butter in Quince, a buttery soft shea butter balm with hint of colour!
SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment