Sunday, January 29, 2017

A Standout Bunch Of Pinks

Despite the frosts and frozen fog, there's been early hints and whispers of spring of late. On a wintry early morning trip to pick up some fresh bread, (to dunk in steaming bowlfuls of butternut squash soup!) I even spotted a tree starting to blossom! I've been slowly moving away from dark wintry hues and I'm totally having a moment with pink right now - to freshen up my make up, brighten up my home and even found myself buying cosy knits in blush hues. Below I've rounded up a few particularly lovely pinks...

Starting with a heavenly fragrance, I'm completely smitten with Giorgio Armani Si. I don't have a huge perfume collection and I'm quite picky about my scents but Si ticks all of the right boxes for me. It's a gorgeous mix of blackcurrant, rose, jasmine, mandarin and pachouli, there's woody, sweet and warm floral notes with a hint of musk - divine! One to wear all year round, this is a new staple in my fragrance collection.

The Nyx Soft Matte Cream in Milan is a dreamy mauve pink pick, it's pigmented, light and comfortable on the lips and once set, is completely budge proof - plus it smells like vanilla buttercream! One for the transition into spring, it's such a gorgeous hue!

My go-to for lacklustre skin days, the Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Yu instantly brightens up your look, it leaves your make up looking fresh and put-together. Paired with a highlighted, dewy complexion this universally flattering, vibrant pink looks unreal, so chic! The formula, as with all Nars Lip Pencils is a dream - creamy, saturated and long lasting!

On my nails, I've completely fallen for Essie Eternal Optimist, it's practically all I've been wearing this month! A creamy, tea rose this delicate pink pick is so flattering on the nails. It's thick, creamy formula could be opaque in just one coat, although I prefer two, it lasts pretty well on me - I can normally get around 5 days wear from it!

The EOS Lip Balm in Strawberry Sorbet is another heavenly pick, it's 95% organic, 100% natural and packed with nourishing vitamin e, shea butter and jojoba oil. It feels balmy and silky on the lips and stays on for hours, I always pop one in my bag for on the go, it keeps my lips plump and smooth and it smells delicious!

Lastly, I'm in love with the blush pink Zoeva Rose Golden brushes. The 228/Luxe Crease is such a versatile pick, I normally use it for blending out eyeshadow but lately I've been using it to apply a dusting of the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder under my eyes, together they make such a dreamy duo! 
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment