Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Inside My Skincare Cabinet

I've dreamed of having a mirrored bathroom cabinet for quite some time now - after swooning over glossier top shelf instagram snaps and scrolling endlessly through dreamy bathrooms on Pinterest, I finally have some of my own, somewhere to store my skincare stash!

I've tried to colour code my products, to make them a little neater, prettier and it actually works out quite well in relation with my routines! My skin is still suffering after moving to a colder area, so there's a few oils and rich creams to save my parched winter skin! I have a couple more - the Kiehls Ultra Facial Balm and Lush's Dream Cream handy on my bedside table for if I need to re-apply just before bed, they're ideal to smooth over dry patches!

Everyday faves include the Oskia Renaissance Cleanser, a gorgeous, radiance boosting pick for super soft skin and the Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream - my holy grail cream, it brightens, tightens and helps to diminish my stubborn dark circles. I also mist the Botanics 100% Organic Rosewater Toning Spritz every morning, this balancing, soothing spray calms and preps skin ready for moisturising. At night, the Sanctuary Spa Therapists Secret Facial Oil is a staple in my routine to hydrate and nourish, it leaves my skin glowing!

You can probably see that I'm a big Origins fan too, I love these three moisturisers for the warmer months! Origins Night-A-Mins is one for lacklustre skin, it's great to fade acne scarring and to combat a dull complexion and the Origins Make a Difference Overnight Hydrating Repair Cream is a hydrating pick for dry skin. The Origins Ginzing Energy Boosting Moisturiser is a lovely day cream, ideal to hydrate and tackle tired skin - I've actually just run out of this, a definite repurchase for me!

I've also popped my brush washing picks in my cabinet for now, I've been using the MAC Cleanser for spot cleaning my brushes and Dr Bronners Liquid Rose Soap for a deeper brush cleanse. Hopefully seeing them every day will motivate me to wash my brushes more often!

Since taking this snap, I actually ended up moving my Essie polishes and crystals after dropping and smashing one of my fave citrine pieces - pretty, but not practical with tiles! The candles can stay put for now, it's so convenient to be able to pull them out for a candlelit bath, I love Rosaviola for a pampering treat, the new Valentines day scent Diptyque Rosa Mundi also sounds divine!

Lastly, you can see Alex's bits on the top shelf, a moisturiser and a hair gel or two along with a few of our Lush picks (the Salted Coconut Hand Scrub is heavenly!).
I hoped you liked this little peek into my bathroom shelves! Although they're still missing a thing or two, I'm happy with them for now!
Shop The Post

SaveSave
SaveSave
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment