Sunday, March 29, 2015

MAYBELLINE COLOR DRAMA LIP PENCILS

After hearing that the Maybelline Color Drama lip pencils were similar to the Nars lip pencils I just had to get my hands on a couple to test them out. Nars lip pencils currently have a permanent place in my make up bag and so a more affordable alternative was really exciting to me.

The Maybelline lip pencil shades that I own are Keep it Classy and Fuchsia Desire. Both are pretty shades and are highly pigmented, Keep is Classy is a red toned plum (that will be perfect for autumn) and if rubbed in as a stain, gives a beautiful berry tone to the lips. Fuchsia Desire is a pretty, wearable warm toned pink which looks great for the warmer months.

Like the Nars lip pencils, these pencils also need to be sharpened. Although Maybellines offerings are a lot more affordable than the Nars pencils, I would still prefer a twist up applicator in a bid to waste less product. Despite this, there's something so aesthetically pleasing about the packaging of the Maybelline lip pencils, they fit so well in my make up bag and are great for easy application on the go. 

The formula of these lip pencils are pigmented and creamy, they're easily to blend on the lips and last me a good 2 hours before having to reapply. The shades that I own tend to be a little drying on the lips but nothing that a layer of lip balm beforehand doesn't fix. My favourite way to apply them is to dab a little of the colour onto moisturised lips and then blend out with your finger to leave a pretty tinted stain. This way I can wear them as a subtle sheen or really build the colour up to a bold, velvety lip. 

Although similar, they don't quite beat the formulation and longevity of the Nars lip pencils for me. However, Maybelline Color Drama lip pencils are a lot more affordable and pretty close to the Nars pencils so they're definitely worth taking a look at, especially as the shades available are just dreamy. There's a beautiful deep red that has caught my eye (and looks similar to Nars Cruella) and a pretty pink that has a slightly glossy formula and looks perfect for spring.

Have you tried Maybelline colour drama lip pencils?

No comments:

Post a Comment