Sunday, March 22, 2015

SPRING BEAUTY

spring beauty

With my berry lipsticks and darker hues tucked safely away in my Alex drawers for another year, I've started to pull out pastels, brights and lighter bases ready for spring. I've had a little spring clean of my dressing table area and make up drawers and so with everything looking neat and fresh, I'm ready to embrace the lighter, brighter shades for spring.

I've switched out my thicker winter moisturiser in favour of Origins Ginzing Energy Boosting Moisturiser. The lightweight, gel like texture means that a little of this fresh citrus scented moisturiser goes a long way and it gives my skin a boost of radiance ready for the warmer months. I'm also putting my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer aside and instead opting for Seventeen Phwoarr Paint concealer, it still gives high coverage but feels a lot more creamy in texture and a little less drying than its counterpart.

For Blusher, Sleek Pixie Pink (swatched here) has been giving a pretty flush of colour to my cheeks. The vibrant pink blusher gives a fresh look to my make up and works beautifully with theBalm Mary Lou Manizer, a pigmented shimmery champagne highlighter that gives such a dewy glow. I've also started to introduce cream blushers back into my routine, I'm especially loving No7 Pop and Glow Cream Blush Stick in Mango Sorbet (swatch) which is a creamy pastel coral that's just perfect for spring.

On my eyes, I've been flitting between the L'Oreal Color Riche L'Ombre Pure Eyeshadows (these are the shades that I own) and the Maybelline Color Tattoos as an easy all over wash of colour to my eyes. I love the gel infused, buttery texture of the L'oreal shadows and have been enjoying wearing the lighter, shimmery rose and gold shades of the Maybelline cream shadows. I always drift towards cream or gel based shadows during spring and summer as they last so well on the eyes and rarely smudge or crease.
An eyeshadow palette that I've been loving recently is the Sleek Oh So Special Palette*. The shades are super pigmented, long lasting and it contains lighter mattes that work so well with bold spring lips.

I'm stuggling to let go of deep reds and berry nail polishes as they'll always be my favourite shades to wear, I've kept my Essie collection at easy reach for a range of shades to wear all year round. Essie Mint Candy Apple has been brightening my nails during the transition into spring and Essie Cute As a Button is a pretty coral pink that is so great for spring mani's.

The Nars Lip pencils from the Digital Lip Pencil Coffret have been a staple in my make up bag throughout winter and I'm bringing them with me through to spring. I've put Nars Cruella aside and opted for lighter shades like Yu, Iberico and Torres Del Paine. I'm so upset that Torres Del Paine is a limited edition shade as it's turned out to be my favourite of the bunch, it's a brightening creamy peach that looks so pretty for spring. Nars Yu, a bright cool toned pink luckily is part of the permanent range. It instantly freshens up your make up look and can be dabbed on for a pretty pink stain to your lips. See swatches here.

With all of these beauty products out, I feel so ready for spring. I just hope the weather picks up a bit now!

What are your beauty picks for Spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment